Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The manipulation of data organized as lists.
- ‘The topic of efficiency in list processing is taken further in discussion on the topic of accumulators.’
- ‘As you can see, the possibilities for delimited list processing are enormous.’
- ‘Clients either poured millions of dollars into a custom solution or had to settle for traditional list processing.’
- ‘You can practice trying to use the list processing algorithm on this list with 2 processors.’
- ‘There are many other ways in which list processing produces more natural code.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.