Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The ratio between the liquid assets and the liabilities of a bank or other institution.
- ‘The average current liquidity ratio moved from 1.37 to 1.38, while the average quick ratio remained unchanged at 0.75.’
- ‘Capital adequacy ratio was at 61. 33 per cent whereas liquidity ratio was at 79.43 per cent with net advances at nil.’
- ‘She said some of the aspects that banks consider when reducing lending rates include the cost of funds which comprises treasury bill rates, standard rates and liquidity ratios.’
- ‘All it has to do is check your credit rating, interview your bank manager, ascertain your liquidity ratio, undertake an exhaustive survey of your savings and investments and establish your socio-economic status.’
- ‘Financial ratios can be grouped into four categories: liquidity ratios, activity ratios, financing ratios, and profitability ratios.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.