One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Something to drink, especially alcohol.‘thirsty consumers looking for liquid refreshment’‘we found a pub and were glad of the liquid refreshment’
- ‘Each was presented with a bottle of liquid refreshment.’
- ‘Reliving great sporting moments with friends over liquid refreshments will also be an essential part of three-day event.’
- ‘Others celebrated with a fish fry and, we were told, ample liquid refreshment.’
- ‘The story is that they stopped by a local "village pub" for some cool liquid refreshment.’
- ‘They are also starting a quiz night with liquid refreshment prizes, first one is this Wednesday.’
- ‘Good thing we have plenty of liquid refreshment.’
- ‘We found a pub and were glad of the liquid refreshment.’
- ‘Cocktail hour at Abigail's apartment was quite a treat, not because of the liquid refreshment, but because of the hostess herself.’
- ‘The three were the best of friends at York and will no doubt enjoy sharing some liquid refreshment after tomorrow's showdown.’
- ‘We didn't really register what we were eating as the liquid refreshment was what we wanted most.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.