One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Something to drink, especially alcohol.‘thirsty consumers looking for liquid refreshment’‘we found a pub and were glad of the liquid refreshment’
- ‘Cocktail hour at Abigail's apartment was quite a treat, not because of the liquid refreshment, but because of the hostess herself.’
- ‘We didn't really register what we were eating as the liquid refreshment was what we wanted most.’
- ‘The story is that they stopped by a local "village pub" for some cool liquid refreshment.’
- ‘We found a pub and were glad of the liquid refreshment.’
- ‘Reliving great sporting moments with friends over liquid refreshments will also be an essential part of three-day event.’
- ‘Each was presented with a bottle of liquid refreshment.’
- ‘The three were the best of friends at York and will no doubt enjoy sharing some liquid refreshment after tomorrow's showdown.’
- ‘Good thing we have plenty of liquid refreshment.’
- ‘Others celebrated with a fish fry and, we were told, ample liquid refreshment.’
- ‘They are also starting a quiz night with liquid refreshment prizes, first one is this Wednesday.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.