Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A technique in cosmetic surgery for removing excess fat from under the skin by suction.
- ‘We're talk about plastic surgery on the body from tummy tucks to liposuction.’
- ‘If one performs a larger scale liposuction, then the bands still pull the skin in.’
- ‘Removing it with liposuction does not cure cellulite, because the fat will quickly return’
- ‘Is it necessary to have skin removed or tucked after liposuction?’
- ‘In second place is eyelid surgery, followed by face and necklifts, liposuction and nose jobs.’
- ‘The most common forms of liposuction today are referred to either as tumescent or wet techniques.’
- ‘Results, as in all cases of liposuction then, were limited by the patient's skin quality and the depth of suction.’
- ‘This is Sarah's second liposuction because she wanted quite a bit removed.’
- ‘The amount of bruising is certainly much less with current techniques of liposuction.’
- ‘Among the most common aesthetic surgery procedures that men request are liposuction and abdominoplasty.’
- ‘The board did not know the number of combination liposuction and tummy tuck procedures performed in Florida.’
- ‘All patients underwent tumescent liposuction with no other procedures.’
- ‘This factsheet is for people who are considering having cosmetic liposuction.’
- ‘The most common preparation technique is called tumescent liposuction.’
- ‘For example, he may use liposuction to remove a person's love handles then use fat injections to round out the hips and thighs.’
- ‘The first choice for men was a nose job, followed by eyelid surgery and liposuction.’
- ‘New figures reveal that the number of males signing up for procedures such as liposuction and nose jobs is soaring.’
- ‘They would no more fess up to a face lift, nose job or liposuction then they would the commission of a major felony.’
- ‘Like most cosmetic surgery procedures, liposuction has evolved from being a high-risk operation.’
- ‘Plastic surgeons currently use facelifts or liposuction to try to tackle these signs of aging.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.