One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A minute spherical sac of phospholipid molecules enclosing a water droplet, especially as formed artificially to carry drugs or other substances into the tissues.
bag, pouch, bladder, blisterView synonyms
- ‘As far as toxicity is concerned, liposomes have already been injected intravenously in clinical practice to carry a variety of drugs.’
- ‘Photosensitive liposomes actively loaded with drugs might well find therapeutic applications.’
- ‘Interestingly, the shapes of these adsorbed liposomes do not appear spherical, but rather disk-shaped.’
- ‘The virosome vaccine is composed of liposomes, water insoluble spheres encased in lipid layers.’
- ‘Their approach is to use carrier molecules called liposomes, which are small, spherical fatty membranes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.