One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A minute spherical sac of phospholipid molecules enclosing a water droplet, especially as formed artificially to carry drugs or other substances into the tissues.
bag, pouch, bladder, blisterView synonyms
- ‘As far as toxicity is concerned, liposomes have already been injected intravenously in clinical practice to carry a variety of drugs.’
- ‘Their approach is to use carrier molecules called liposomes, which are small, spherical fatty membranes.’
- ‘Photosensitive liposomes actively loaded with drugs might well find therapeutic applications.’
- ‘Interestingly, the shapes of these adsorbed liposomes do not appear spherical, but rather disk-shaped.’
- ‘The virosome vaccine is composed of liposomes, water insoluble spheres encased in lipid layers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.