Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Any of a group of soluble proteins that combine with and transport fat or other lipids in the blood plasma.
- ‘Too much blood sugar may also alter the protein in low-density lipoproteins, or LDL.’
- ‘It seems that a fundamental similarity and parallel exists between the aggregation of lipoproteins and amyloid proteins.’
- ‘Also shown are the key enzymes, receptors, transfer proteins, and lipoproteins participating in cholesterol synthesis, transport, and degradation.’
- ‘The in vitro and in vivo experiments showed that free cholesterol and phospholipids were transferred from lipid emulsion to plasma lipoproteins independently from each other.’
- ‘An important aspect in this approach is that amphiphile transfer between the protein and the lipoproteins should not be a second order process involving a lipoprotein-protein complex as intermediate.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.