One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A complex molecule containing both lipid and polysaccharide parts.
- ‘It fools our immune system by changing the structure of the lipopolysaccharides and it totally changes the antigens on the cell surface.’
- ‘Other microbial products and components, such as peptides, enzymes, [beta] D-glucans, and lipopolysaccharides, may have significant biological effects.’
- ‘Even in the case of microbial antigens not found in vertebrates such as lipopolysaccharides, it should be noted that peptide epitopes can mimic bacterial carbohydrates and DNA.’
- ‘This ability, as well as the adhesion to mineral surfaces, has been reported to be mediated by the presence of lipopolysaccharides, the main constituent of the outer bacterial membrane.’
- ‘The lipopolysaccharide found in tea can improve the body's blood making function and combat the danger of radiation from the computer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.