Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The metabolic formation of fat.
- ‘When lipolysis outraces lipogenesis and releases fatty acids into the blood, they diffuse into all cells of the body to be used as fuel.’
- ‘In addition to its role in regulating glucose metabolism, insulin stimulates lipogenesis, diminishes lipolysis, and increases amino acid transport into cells.’
- ‘Numerous factors, including regulation of lipogenesis, genetics, age, nutrition, management, and environment, affect rate of marbling deposition.’
- ‘In other words, it's the chief gatekeeper for stimulating lipolysis and slowing lipogenesis.’
- ‘Changes in body composition can be mediated through behavioral processes such as diet selection, and physiological processes such as hyperphagia, lipogenesis, and muscle hypertrophy.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.