Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A disorder of lipid metabolism in the body tissues.
- ‘This is seen, for example, where lipid peroxidation is implicated in the pathogenesis of chronic hepatitis and feline hepatic lipidosis.’
- ‘To do so invites the likelihood of developing hepatic lipidosis.’
- ‘Otherwise, there is a risk of creating hepatic lipidosis in cats, and a toxic cascade in all animals, with an escalation of oxidative damage.’
- ‘Managing overweight cats is often complicated, as hepatic lipidosis occurs easily and is potentially fatal.’
- ‘Excess accumulation of sulfatides is observed in sulfatide lipidosis (metachromatic leukodystrophy).’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.