Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A disorder of lipid metabolism in the body tissues.
- ‘This is seen, for example, where lipid peroxidation is implicated in the pathogenesis of chronic hepatitis and feline hepatic lipidosis.’
- ‘Otherwise, there is a risk of creating hepatic lipidosis in cats, and a toxic cascade in all animals, with an escalation of oxidative damage.’
- ‘Excess accumulation of sulfatides is observed in sulfatide lipidosis (metachromatic leukodystrophy).’
- ‘Managing overweight cats is often complicated, as hepatic lipidosis occurs easily and is potentially fatal.’
- ‘To do so invites the likelihood of developing hepatic lipidosis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.