[mass noun] A cosmetic applied to the outline of the lips, mainly to prevent the unwanted spreading of lipstick or lip gloss.
eyeliner, eye pencil, kohl pencil, kohl, eyeshadow, eyebrow pencil, lip linerView synonyms
- ‘Almost as bad as the time I cornered a possible future Prime Minister for an interview and delved into my bag for a pen and the only thing I could pull out was a lipliner.’
- ‘Lipstick is painted thickly and then outlined with a lipliner for polished perfection.’
- ‘I always line my lips with a dark brownish lipliner and fill in the center with a pale pink lipstick.’
- ‘Apply a matching lipliner first to avoid color bleeding.’
- ‘In a fit of desperate inspiration Angela reached into the small white purse hanging from her shoulder and pulled out her shiny pink lipgloss and plum lipliner.’