One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cosmetic applied to the outline of the lips, mainly to prevent the unwanted spreading of lipstick or lip gloss.
eyeliner, eye pencil, kohl pencil, kohl, eyeshadow, eyebrow pencilView synonyms
- ‘Apply a matching lipliner first to avoid color bleeding.’
- ‘Almost as bad as the time I cornered a possible future Prime Minister for an interview and delved into my bag for a pen and the only thing I could pull out was a lipliner.’
- ‘I always line my lips with a dark brownish lipliner and fill in the center with a pale pink lipstick.’
- ‘Lipstick is painted thickly and then outlined with a lipliner for polished perfection.’
- ‘In a fit of desperate inspiration Angela reached into the small white purse hanging from her shoulder and pulled out her shiny pink lipgloss and plum lipliner.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.