One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Sparing no expense, we hired a top lip-reader to interpret just what passed between them last week.’
- ‘A lip-reader confirmed he was talking in English.’
- ‘He also points out a bit of censorship when one line proved too hot for the dialogue track, though it's there for lip-readers.’
- ‘If I was a lip-reader, I could've been entertained the whole way home.’
- ‘The only place where someone might stumble upon such vocabulary is in edited-for-television versions of films, where only lip-readers catch the real sense of the scene's intensity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.