One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It was a lionization of the ‘good man,’ who quietly bears the burden for his neighbor.’
- ‘An adequate response to this mutual lionisation would require the skills of a Jonathan Swift or Mark Twain.’
- ‘He owed his eventual lionization to Seeger, who formed with him the Almanac Singers, which first brought his work to popular attention.’
- ‘The type of flattery that has reached dangerous proportions today is the absurd adulation and lionization of movie stars and other celebrities.’
- ‘Some movies, regardless of whether they are seen in January, June, or December, stand out as sure-fire candidates for end-of-the-year lionization.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.