One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rare tamarin with a golden or black and golden coat and an erect mane, found only in Brazil.
Genus Leontopithecus, family Callitrichidae (or Callithricidae): the golden lion tamarin (L. rosalia), and three other species that have been recently recognized or discovered
- ‘An endangered monkey, the golden-headed lion tamarin, had already been spotted in the same habitat.’
- ‘Many of the species, such as the black-faced lion tamarin of Brazil, were only recently discovered and have dangerously small populations.’
- ‘The golden lion tamarin and the black lion tamarin, for example, have benefited from efforts for their protection by the Brazilian government.’
- ‘The exhibit will highlight the jaguar but also will feature golden lion tamarins, tapirs, anteaters and other animals.’
- ‘To photograph the black-faced lion tamarin, one of the world's rarest and most elusive primates, I went to the Atlantic coast rainforest of Parana State in southern Brazil.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.