Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A rare tamarin with a golden or black and golden coat and an erect mane, found only in Brazil.
- ‘Many of the species, such as the black-faced lion tamarin of Brazil, were only recently discovered and have dangerously small populations.’
- ‘The golden lion tamarin and the black lion tamarin, for example, have benefited from efforts for their protection by the Brazilian government.’
- ‘To photograph the black-faced lion tamarin, one of the world's rarest and most elusive primates, I went to the Atlantic coast rainforest of Parana State in southern Brazil.’
- ‘The exhibit will highlight the jaguar but also will feature golden lion tamarins, tapirs, anteaters and other animals.’
- ‘An endangered monkey, the golden-headed lion tamarin, had already been spotted in the same habitat.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.