One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rare tamarin with a golden or black and golden coat and an erect mane, found only in Brazil.
Genus Leontopithecus, family Callitrichidae (or Callithricidae): the golden lion tamarin (L. rosalia), and three other species that have been recently recognized or discovered
- ‘To photograph the black-faced lion tamarin, one of the world's rarest and most elusive primates, I went to the Atlantic coast rainforest of Parana State in southern Brazil.’
- ‘An endangered monkey, the golden-headed lion tamarin, had already been spotted in the same habitat.’
- ‘The exhibit will highlight the jaguar but also will feature golden lion tamarins, tapirs, anteaters and other animals.’
- ‘Many of the species, such as the black-faced lion tamarin of Brazil, were only recently discovered and have dangerously small populations.’
- ‘The golden lion tamarin and the black lion tamarin, for example, have benefited from efforts for their protection by the Brazilian government.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.