One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘More often than not, that last little bit doesn't get thrown in with lion-like qualities.’
- ‘The lion-like predator, which could stand nearly one metre and weighed about 250 kilograms, had a pair of retractable thumb-like claws to disembowel or drag prey up trees.’
- ‘She closed her eyes with another wide lion-like yawn.’
- ‘His ruggedly handsome features and lion-like eyes lend him a subtle air of ferocity, despite his blank expression.’
- ‘Yellow dogs were also more lion-like in appearance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.