One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An open-source operating system modelled on UNIX.
- ‘In addition, Unix, Linux and Windows boxes can all be controlled via the same console.’
- ‘Customers finally have an incentive to actually test Linux and open source software.’
- ‘The first people that we will be targeting will be the existing Linux and open source users.’
- ‘The unit and its hard drive can be accessed by any Windows, Mac, Linux or Unix client.’
- ‘This means the service is available on Linux and Mac machines for the first time.’
1990s: from the name of Linus Benedict Torvalds (born 1969), a Finnish software engineer who wrote the first version of the system, + -x, as in Unix.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.