One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of linolenic acid.
- ‘However, the fatty-acid composition of migratory Western Sandpipers differs somewhat from that of migratory passerines in that sandpipers have much lower levels of the essential fatty acids linoleate and linolenate.’
- ‘The five major fatty acids in soybean oil are palmitate, stearate, oleate, linolenate, and linoleate.’
- ‘Since these enzymes cannot introduce sites of unsaturation beyond C9 they cannot synthesize either linoleate or linolenate.’
- ‘Seeds of genetically altered soybeans with either high levels of linolenate or drastically reduced levels could prove useful in our understanding of the process of oil accumulation in soybeans.’
- ‘These results suggest that upon crystallization of octadecane, the liquid methyl linolenate migrated to the emulsion droplet surface, where it was more prone to oxidation because it was in closer contact with the iron ions in the aqueous phase.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.