Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A salt or ester of linoleic acid.
- ‘The main fatty acids labelled were palmitate, oleate, linoleate, and linolenate.’
- ‘The polyunsaturated fatty acid linoleate was incorporated into fat stores until the proportion in adipose tissue exceeded that in the diet.’
- ‘They would thus be able to promote the negative surface charge originally caused by the linoleate molecules.’
- ‘The contribution reflects the compensation of the negative charges of the linoleate by the positive ions and by the changed orientational behavior of the headgroup dipole.’
- ‘However, the fatty-acid composition of migratory Western Sandpipers differs somewhat from that of migratory passerines in that sandpipers have much lower levels of the essential fatty acids linoleate and linolenate.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.