One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of linoleic acid.
- ‘However, the fatty-acid composition of migratory Western Sandpipers differs somewhat from that of migratory passerines in that sandpipers have much lower levels of the essential fatty acids linoleate and linolenate.’
- ‘The polyunsaturated fatty acid linoleate was incorporated into fat stores until the proportion in adipose tissue exceeded that in the diet.’
- ‘The main fatty acids labelled were palmitate, oleate, linoleate, and linolenate.’
- ‘They would thus be able to promote the negative surface charge originally caused by the linoleate molecules.’
- ‘The contribution reflects the compensation of the negative charges of the linoleate by the positive ions and by the changed orientational behavior of the headgroup dipole.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.