One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action or technique of making a print from a linocut block.
- ‘The student will be instructed in the basics of printmaking using the techniques of woodcut, linocutting, screenprinting, and monoprinting.’
- ‘I have painted in most media including screenprinting, linocutting and monoprinting during the past 40 years.’
- ‘The relief processes taught in this course include wood engraving, wood cutting and linocutting from which you can produce a wide range of graphic images.’
- ‘I did bung in some on cinema, art history and linocutting, but it was mostly as a sop to my conscience.’
- ‘This should be avoided if possible in colour linocutting as damped paper stretches and may create errors in the registration of the one colour block with another.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.