Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The action or technique of making a print from a linocut block.
- ‘I did bung in some on cinema, art history and linocutting, but it was mostly as a sop to my conscience.’
- ‘The relief processes taught in this course include wood engraving, wood cutting and linocutting from which you can produce a wide range of graphic images.’
- ‘The student will be instructed in the basics of printmaking using the techniques of woodcut, linocutting, screenprinting, and monoprinting.’
- ‘I have painted in most media including screenprinting, linocutting and monoprinting during the past 40 years.’
- ‘This should be avoided if possible in colour linocutting as damped paper stretches and may create errors in the registration of the one colour block with another.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.