One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(on a website) content designed to attract attention and encourage those viewing it to create hyperlinks to the site, with the aim of improving the site's position on the list of results returned by a search engine.‘at first, he tried creating linkbait to get his site noticed’
- ‘Anyone seeking video linkbait would also be a good candidate.’
- ‘This term may get some traffic but if it doesn't fit with the theme/tone of the site then save it for the linkbait and build strong links to these inner pages now.’
- ‘Even the most modest display of wit on the Internet can be characterized as "linkbait."’
- ‘Outside of one linkbait there is nothing remarkable about the site.’
- ‘You are very good at doing linkbait stuff to cause publicity, but doing it in a way that does not harm your credibility much.’
- ‘"I created a few of these linkbait pieces and they gained quite a bit of traffic, but I still wasn't getting many signups," Inman says.’
- ‘I will be writing some more linkbait - things that will benefit the new owner and will generate some decent traffic, and I'll be pushing out some quality stuff I've meant to blog for a long time but never got around to.’
- ‘Audience is everything, so the publication of quality linkbait is essential.’
- ‘There have been more than a few debates and suppositions over the years about the potential value of linkbait/viral content strategies and whether search engines will always reward these practices.’
- ‘How should you go about getting links to your linkbait these days?’
- ‘WSJ reporters have better things to do than play the game of who can write the best linkbait.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.