One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘By admitting that she has given herself the better role, she appears to square her conscience, but the effect is as lingeringly unpleasant as the taste of vinegar, rather than the sweetness promised by an enchanting title.’
- ‘The new toilets have a strange and lingeringly unpleasant smell.’
- ‘Eric looked lingeringly at her as they danced, without saying a single embarrassing word about her appearance.’
- ‘Nick came over and kissed me lingeringly goodbye.’
- ‘I was never expected to marry her, nor was I encouraged to kiss her lingeringly for the cameras either.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.