One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A forward positioned on the same line as another player.‘he set up his linemate for the opening goal in an eventual 2–1 win’
- ‘Lemieux lifts his stick just off the ice and yells for a pass from linemate Jagr as he skates toward the net.’
- ‘He makes the play for the linemate, who happens to be with him at the time, more often than the other way around.’
- ‘He and the former Ducks linemate signed as free agents in the summer as a package deal with the Avalanche.’
- ‘You've got to believe they are happy that linemate Jason Arnott signed his big deal.’
- ‘He was signed to play with the speedy Sanderson, a former linemate in Hartford.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.