One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A defensive player positioned just behind the line of scrimmage.
- ‘He lost his top three inside linebackers to retirement before training camp opened.’
- ‘He's one of the league's quickest linebackers and can cover tight ends and running backs.’
- ‘They couldn't cover anyone in the secondary, and their linebackers were ordinary.’
- ‘He gets good leverage and usually blocks against a rushing linebacker or defensive back.’
- ‘It should look like two linebackers guarding the quarterback from the defensive player.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.