One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make linear; represent in or transform into a linear form.‘air was focused and linearized by the air pump’‘the field equations can be linearized’‘linearized DNA’
- ‘Apparatus and method which features linearizing attributes of an information object into a string of bytes for object representation and storage in a database system.’
- ‘The indices utilized here represent transformations that linearize germination data with respect to suboptimal temperature or the logarithm of thermal time.’
- ‘To compare the sites, plant age, A, was transformed as log to linearize the relationships, and log was used as the covariate in covariance analysis.’
- ‘This method of organization has the added advantage of substantially linearizing the mechanical output of the muscle when expressed as a function of the input to the motoneuron pool.’
- ‘The vectors were linearized and transcribed with a DNA-dependent RNA polymerase.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.