One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An equation between two variables that gives a straight line when plotted on a graph.
- ‘Non-linear equations or linear equations with time delays are required for the system to exhibit of ‘limit cycle’ behavior.’
- ‘Von Koch's first results were on infinitely many linear equations in infinitely many unknowns.’
- ‘Linear functions of the input and key make poor choices for encryption functions because such systems can always be broken by solving small sets of linear equations.’
- ‘This is a word problem whose solution includes solving a system of two linear equations.’
- ‘He worked on numerical methods for solving systems of linear equations and eigenvalue problems.’
- ‘In this way of specifying coordinates a point has a linear equation, namely that of all lines through the point while a line has a pair of numbers namely the x and y coordinates of where it cuts the axes.’
- ‘Thymaridas also gave methods for solving simultaneous linear equations which became known as the ‘flower of Thymaridas’.’
- ‘The above multiple linear equations, did not yield any co-linearity between the independent variables X 2 and X 5.’
- ‘Essentially linear equations are solved by making two guesses at the solution, then computing the correct answer from the two errors.’
- ‘There is, however, work in progress concerning the numerical solution of linear equations with several unknowns using electrical circuits.’
- ‘The estimators are thus computed solving the linear equations obtained deriving equation for the unknowns.’
- ‘These are called linear equations where A and B are, in general, any real numbers.’
- ‘The resulting equation yields beta scores, which are multiplied by the independent variables once the linear equation is calculated.’
- ‘Again a table would have been looked up to solve the linear equation ax = b.’
- ‘They can solve a variety of two-step problems using variables, identify equivalent algebraic expressions, and solve linear equations and inequalities.’
- ‘Topics include analytic solutions of linear equations, equilibria, linearization, stability, phase portraits, bifurcations, simulations, and modeling methodology.’
- ‘This relates to the way you graph linear equations by hand.’
- ‘With these assumptions, we can write the revenue management problem as a series of linear equations.’
- ‘Euler's theorem is far from the whole story for face vectors of polytopes, but it is not difficult to show that it is the whole story of linear equations on face numbers.’
- ‘Systems of linear equations were studied in the context of solving number problems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.