One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An accelerator in which particles travel in straight lines, not in closed orbits.
- ‘Last year researchers used a linear accelerator to generate the most powerful T-ray beam ever made.’
- ‘It chose an irradiation process using a linear accelerator to generate a beam of high-energy electrons that kills microorganisms, including anthrax spores.’
- ‘Docking the mobile electron linear accelerator consists of precisely lining up the treatment head to the applicator cone via a laser alignment system.’
- ‘The building, located in the heart of earthquake territory, will contain seven linear accelerators to deliver therapeutic radiation to its clinics.’
- ‘The docking procedure consists of transferring the patient to the mobile electron linear accelerator and aligning the accelerator treatment head with the applicator cone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.