One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An accelerator in which particles travel in straight lines, not in closed orbits.
- ‘The building, located in the heart of earthquake territory, will contain seven linear accelerators to deliver therapeutic radiation to its clinics.’
- ‘It chose an irradiation process using a linear accelerator to generate a beam of high-energy electrons that kills microorganisms, including anthrax spores.’
- ‘Last year researchers used a linear accelerator to generate the most powerful T-ray beam ever made.’
- ‘The docking procedure consists of transferring the patient to the mobile electron linear accelerator and aligning the accelerator treatment head with the applicator cone.’
- ‘Docking the mobile electron linear accelerator consists of precisely lining up the treatment head to the applicator cone via a laser alignment system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.