One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be caught out after hitting a line drive.
- ‘Tony Taylor lined out to center to end the game and, as it turned out, the last hurrah of those Tigers who had played together since the mid-1960s.’
- ‘The game ended after Gil Hodges lined out to right field and the A.L. won the game, 6-5.’
- ‘Showalter's move paid off as the next Giants batter, Brent Mayne, lined out to right field to end the contest’
- ‘The next batter, Brent Mayne, lined out on a 3-2 pitch to end the game.’
- ‘‘I lined out to left field in a pinch-hitting situation,’ Ray said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.