One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Eat some food in preparation for a drinking session.‘it's always best to line the stomach before a night out’
- ‘Salads tend to be fairly predictable but this one really tickled the tastebuds as well as lining the stomach.’
- ‘All this and a selection of tasty tapas dishes to line your stomach with early on.’
- ‘I have a yoghurt at the start of the meal to line my stomach.’
- ‘Watson's colleague passed up a glass of champagne, the customary welcome at the Scottish Politician of the Year awards, saying he wanted some food to line his stomach first.’
- ‘Cox had said in advance that we should go down the pub, so I resolved to line my stomach.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.