One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Eat some food in preparation for a drinking session.‘it's always best to line the stomach before a night out’
- ‘I have a yoghurt at the start of the meal to line my stomach.’
- ‘All this and a selection of tasty tapas dishes to line your stomach with early on.’
- ‘Salads tend to be fairly predictable but this one really tickled the tastebuds as well as lining the stomach.’
- ‘Cox had said in advance that we should go down the pub, so I resolved to line my stomach.’
- ‘Watson's colleague passed up a glass of champagne, the customary welcome at the Scottish Politician of the Year awards, saying he wanted some food to line his stomach first.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.