One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in tennis, volleyball, and badminton) an official positioned near one of the lines of the court who decides whether a ball or shuttlecock lands within the court or not.‘a line judge called the ball out’
- ‘The ball was called out, but the umpire over-ruled the line judge.’
- ‘The line judge determined White had crossed the goal line.’
- ‘TV replays showed the ball landed in, and the line judge had called it correctly.’
- ‘For no particular reason, early on, he demanded to have a line judge replaced.’
- ‘She was giving the line judges grief.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.