One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A powerfully struck shot that travels close to the ground.
- ‘The book states that on September 14, 1923, Red Sox first baseman George Burns turned an unassisted triple play on a line drive.’
- ‘Tony Taylor hit a line drive to right field, and Rusty Staub caught it on the run.’
- ‘If a runner is struck by a line drive or fly ball while on the base, he is to be called out.’
- ‘On the next pitch, he slammed a screaming line drive right at and caught by second baseman Bobby Richardson, and in the blink of an eye, the World Series was over.’
- ‘Then, he caught a line drive by Bench in foul territory in the ninth inning of Game 5, seemingly knowing where the ball was headed before it was hit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.