One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A powerfully struck shot that travels close to the ground.
- ‘Then, he caught a line drive by Bench in foul territory in the ninth inning of Game 5, seemingly knowing where the ball was headed before it was hit.’
- ‘The book states that on September 14, 1923, Red Sox first baseman George Burns turned an unassisted triple play on a line drive.’
- ‘If a runner is struck by a line drive or fly ball while on the base, he is to be called out.’
- ‘On the next pitch, he slammed a screaming line drive right at and caught by second baseman Bobby Richardson, and in the blink of an eye, the World Series was over.’
- ‘Tony Taylor hit a line drive to right field, and Rusty Staub caught it on the run.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.