One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Have direct managerial responsibility for (a particular employee)‘you will be responsible for line-managing staff in your team’
- ‘Is there anywhere in the present system of promotion a built-in priority that a line manager must have the minimum recognised skills to line manage?’
- ‘One of the things that is crucial to the resolution of a dispute is the character and quality of the person who is line managing.’
- ‘Bill's work, in addition to line managing staff, is to provide high level statistical modelling skills and innovative data analysis.’
- ‘Rachel will line manage senior operational managers and head a new Operations Board.’
- ‘When you become a sergeant, you automatically line manage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.