Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An input socket in an electrical device.
- ‘It's a shame that this rear slot bracket doesn't include additional analog outputs for 5.1 audio - to get analog 5.1, you have to use a utility to repurpose the microphone and line-in jacks.’
- ‘I then used alsamixer to raise the levels of my line-in and all was well.’
- ‘I am particularly keen to know how it is able to discern how the unit's analogue audio output is not connected to any kind of recording apparatus - such as a tape recorder, or the line-in connection of a sound card?’
- ‘Yes it's easier to put up at first, sometime its hard to get the mic and line-in plugs directly on the board but in the long run, that can be annoying.’
- ‘Next is the line-in which has the six different channels all marked clearly, from left to subwoofer, using standard RCA cables.’
- ‘It also has a stopwatch for exercise freaks but lacks any line-in or recording ability.’
- ‘I could record analog audio through either a microphone input or line-in jack, and I even could listen to MIDI music files played by the soundchip synth.’
- ‘Also included are line-in connections for local sources such as a cable or satellite box or CD / DVD changer.’
- ‘If you don't have one, simply loop a minijack cable between your line-out and line-in and you'll have decent quality audio with no DRM.’
- ‘Transferring music from your computer is drag-and-drop easy, and you can record MP3s via a built-in microphone or line-in port.’
- ‘You'll also find headphone, microphone, and line-in jacks up front, which is great.’
- ‘I ran a cable from the Audigy's line-out 1 port to my pre-amp's auxiliary line-in.’
- ‘There isn't any external bracket, so for the multi-channel sound, you'll have to use the integrated sound software to configure the line-in and Mic-out to accommodate additional speakers.’
- ‘You can try disabling/muting everything you aren't using. such as microphone, and line-in.’
- ‘I often use a Sony MiniDisc Recorder to record Skype calls through line-in from a patch cable linked to the line-out of the laptop.’
- ‘The line-in even has a sensor to automatically break tracks after a sufficient length of silence.’
- ‘In case the BD7 - II user wants to utilize the chip's 6-channel function, the line-in and MIC-in ports have to be reverted to line-out channels to get a signal for the rear and center speakers.’
- ‘The selection of ports for the onboard audio consists of five 3.5mm audio jacks and one has to be reconfigured from line-in to the second set of surrounds for 7.1-channel functionality.’
- ‘Useful features include a built-in microphone and line-in port for direct recording from external sources and a basic remote control.’
- ‘We tested the line-out / line-in three signal path, and came away impressed with the EX's overall signal quality.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.