One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The stone that makes up the cliff face is known as limy sandstone, a sedimentary rock.’
- ‘In the garden it likes sun or partial shade and well-drained acid soil - like most Ericas it dislikes being grown in limy conditions.’
- ‘I'm not sure whether my soil is limy or suitable for rhododendrons.’
- ‘Tayside is famed for its raspberries, although no one is sure whether their good taste is due to the climate or the limy soil.’
- ‘Limy soil does not affect the colour of their flowers as it does mopheads (blue mopheads tend to turn pink in limy soils).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.