One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A direction given to a broker to buy or sell a security or commodity at a specified price or better.‘the exchange unveiled a computer-driven system that executes limit orders in seconds’
- ‘Typically, the commissions are cheaper for market orders than for limit orders.’
- ‘A reliable broker who can place a limit order using a limit price on the spread should enter this order.’
- ‘Try using limit orders to buy within the spread to reduce this instant hit to your wealth.’
- ‘Limit orders have the advantage of limiting a loss or minimising a profit that investors want in a share.’
- ‘Prior to the rules, market makers could let customer limit orders priced between their quotes simply sit in their books.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.