One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A drink made from lime juice sweetened with sugar.
- ‘Depending on when and how the limeade is to be served, and how strong you want it, you can add more ice and water.’
- ‘There are decent wines by the glass, too, plus a user-friendly fresh limeade, one of the hallmarks of a proper Mexican restaurant.’
- ‘Instead of homemade lemonade think limeade (sugar syrup, juice and zest, sparkling water) or for the authentic Sri-Lankan version, use soda water.’
- ‘Their limeades and pies are truly excellent.’
- ‘Drinking citrus juices like lemonade, limeade, orange juice and grapefruit juice can help nasal and throat tissues heal faster, says Tanya Y. Jones, M.D., an associate professor of family medicine at Morehouse School of Medicine.’
- ‘A waiter told us it was a mix of lemonade and limeade from Minute Maid.’
- ‘They are based on the classic Daiquiri - rum and limeade, in flavors including mango and mango/strawberry, served up with a floater of crushed ice.’
- ‘Its customers wash down the spicy fish steamed in banana leaves, the shrimp in fishy Vietnamese caramel sauce and the lemon-grass chicken with iced tea and delicious basil limeade.’
- ‘Son, if I wanted lemon or lime, I'd ask for lemon or limeade, but thank you for the thought.’
- ‘There were bottles of Corona lemonade, limeade, orangeade and cherryade, which you could buy by the plastic cup full for 5p. And there were crisps available too for a similar sum.’
- ‘Local drinks include natural lemonade and limeade, palm wine, and beer and gin made from millet (chapalo).’
- ‘The food was delicious, our table was, as promised, the ‘fun table,’ the cocktail hour featured vodka-spiked kaffir limeade, and the following conversation.’
- ‘We sipped admirably gentle, not-too-sweet limeade from big tumblers.’
- ‘Made with limeade, it lacks tang but is served in a garish-but-cool cactus-stemmed glass.’
- ‘My limeade is lightly flavored and very refreshing.’
- ‘At the end of the game, Eddie always went into the house and prepared his trademark cask of limeade.’
- ‘A favorite local dish is fungi (cornmeal and okra) and fried fish; favored beverages are drinks made from local fruits, and include limeade, soursop, mauby, and passion fruit.’
- ‘It was tequila and margarita mix, to be precise, left in the refrigerator in a pitcher and mistaken for limeade by kitchen staff, who poured it into small cups and served it to children as a lunch treat, he wrote.’
- ‘If they bring their own tequila, they can order a pitcher of fresh limeade or watermelon juice to make margaritas.’
- ‘You could hardly order a glass of wine in a student bar, so I was always on the limeade.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.