One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A drink made from lime juice sweetened with sugar.
- ‘Local drinks include natural lemonade and limeade, palm wine, and beer and gin made from millet (chapalo).’
- ‘If they bring their own tequila, they can order a pitcher of fresh limeade or watermelon juice to make margaritas.’
- ‘Its customers wash down the spicy fish steamed in banana leaves, the shrimp in fishy Vietnamese caramel sauce and the lemon-grass chicken with iced tea and delicious basil limeade.’
- ‘There are decent wines by the glass, too, plus a user-friendly fresh limeade, one of the hallmarks of a proper Mexican restaurant.’
- ‘They are based on the classic Daiquiri - rum and limeade, in flavors including mango and mango/strawberry, served up with a floater of crushed ice.’
- ‘Instead of homemade lemonade think limeade (sugar syrup, juice and zest, sparkling water) or for the authentic Sri-Lankan version, use soda water.’
- ‘It was tequila and margarita mix, to be precise, left in the refrigerator in a pitcher and mistaken for limeade by kitchen staff, who poured it into small cups and served it to children as a lunch treat, he wrote.’
- ‘There were bottles of Corona lemonade, limeade, orangeade and cherryade, which you could buy by the plastic cup full for 5p. And there were crisps available too for a similar sum.’
- ‘Drinking citrus juices like lemonade, limeade, orange juice and grapefruit juice can help nasal and throat tissues heal faster, says Tanya Y. Jones, M.D., an associate professor of family medicine at Morehouse School of Medicine.’
- ‘The food was delicious, our table was, as promised, the ‘fun table,’ the cocktail hour featured vodka-spiked kaffir limeade, and the following conversation.’
- ‘Son, if I wanted lemon or lime, I'd ask for lemon or limeade, but thank you for the thought.’
- ‘You could hardly order a glass of wine in a student bar, so I was always on the limeade.’
- ‘My limeade is lightly flavored and very refreshing.’
- ‘A waiter told us it was a mix of lemonade and limeade from Minute Maid.’
- ‘We sipped admirably gentle, not-too-sweet limeade from big tumblers.’
- ‘At the end of the game, Eddie always went into the house and prepared his trademark cask of limeade.’
- ‘Their limeades and pies are truly excellent.’
- ‘Made with limeade, it lacks tang but is served in a garish-but-cool cactus-stemmed glass.’
- ‘Depending on when and how the limeade is to be served, and how strong you want it, you can add more ice and water.’
- ‘A favorite local dish is fungi (cornmeal and okra) and fried fish; favored beverages are drinks made from local fruits, and include limeade, soursop, mauby, and passion fruit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.