One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A soft white cheese with a characteristic strong smell, originally made in Limburg.
- ‘Incidentally, Limburger cheese was first made in The Netherlands by monks.’
- ‘The Biology award went to a group that showed a species of mosquito is equally attracted to people's stinky feet as to Limburger cheese.’
- ‘As an actor, he was the essence of Limburger cheese.’
- ‘Regarding favorite regional flavors and tastes, Fay recalls a funny story about the production of Limburger cheese that was once banned from shipment by the U.S. Postal Service.’
- ‘Seven years ago, in the sprawling hallways of Abundant Life Christian Center, Roberts launched a national phenomenon with the help of Limburger cheese, smoke machines and roaming demons.’
- ‘Smith stopped at Baumgartner's tavern in Monroe where he ordered a Limburger cheese sandwich with raw onions and mustard on rye bread.’
- ‘Nicolas Gerber, for instance, opened a Limburger cheese factory in New Glarus in 1868, as did Jacob Karlen in nearby Monroe in 1878.’
- ‘The nation's only Limburger and Gruyere cheese plants are located here, just a few short miles from each other.’
- ‘Nevertheless, once in a while one would surface and change the course of events, for example, when an unnamed student placed some Limburger cheese in the ventilating system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.