One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Polivka is able to sustain the likeableness of Josef in scenes that threaten, mock, and humiliate him.’
- ‘Moreover, their congregations seemed to desire likeableness in their pastors-not challenging and prophetic preaching, or any other gift or skill nurtured within seminary walls.’
- ‘He had climbed the ladder by a combination of brains, energy, efficiency, adroit networking and sheer likeableness.’
- ‘He's got a terse dry wit which, erm, some might say skirts very closely to the fringes of arrogance - phew, I said it - but for me it only adds to his gruff likeableness.’
- ‘He hasn't lost his charm, nor has his infectious likableness diminished, even 18 years after his original arrival.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.