One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Very fast.‘you go up the ladder like the deuce’
- ‘I hear it is going ahead like the deuce.’
- ‘I only discovered it by accident, and I have been driving like the deuce to overtake you.’
- ‘The air was thick with tear gas, which makes one's eyes water like the deuce.’
- ‘When the bell rang, the little chap said, ‘now Mr., you skin out like the deuce,’ and off the youngster ran, leaving the disconcerted minister to make explanations as best he could.’
- ‘All day and every day since the stunt we have been shelling and shelled like the deuce.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.