One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
So similar as to be indistinguishable or nearly so.‘they were like two peas in a pod, both with the same high cheekbones and hairline’
corresponding, equivalent, parallel, analogous, coordinating, complementing, complementary, harmonizing, blending, toning, harmonious, the same, paired, twin, coupled, double, duplicate, identical, of a piece, all of a piece, like, like peas in a pod, like two peas in a pod, alike, comparable, similar, correlative, congruent, tallying, agreeing, concordant, consonantView synonyms
- ‘She and I are two peas in a pod and are working on an official dance when someone buys binoculars at our booth.’
- ‘Were like two peas in a pod, conjoined at the hip or even mind.’
- ‘Japanese consumers no longer want to look like and shop like peas in a pod.’
- ‘Despite their differences, they both went together like two peas in a pod.’
- ‘Ben's eyes were more of a sky blue and he was more heavily built than Zack but the brothers were like two peas in a pod.’
- ‘I once read somewhere that it's really unusual for kitties to get along well with one another, but these guys are like two peas in a pod!’
- ‘People said that they were like two peas in a pod - and they sure were.’
- ‘Of course, our mothers got along fantastically; they were two peas in a pod.’
- ‘Alyssa and Adrian are so close they're like two peas in a pod.’
- ‘However, they were as close as two peas in a pod since meeting on the first day of orientation last year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.