One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(with reference to the use or consumption of something) at an excessive rate.‘people spend their money like it's going out of style’
- ‘My four brothers and I ate like it was going out of style.’
- ‘Our problem is that we are now in the South, where they serve meat like it's going out of style.’
- ‘I was walking up and down a busy lane shopping like it was going out of fashion.’
- ‘They're whizzing all round in the world in fast cars and faster planes burning up fuel like it's going out of fashion.’
- ‘I am going to start drinking water like it's going out of style.’
- ‘He spent money like it was going out of fashion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.