Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- see lightning
- ‘Get it on the highway, and it moves like greased lightning.’
- ‘Another gig of memory will make it run like greased lightning.’
- ‘It glides like greased lightning, making ironing fast and easy.’
- ‘And it is then, in the first of several miracles, that he sprints like greased lightning.’
- ‘'Your husband is climbing up that rope like greased lightning,' he informed her.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.