One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One thing about him is his constant lightsomeness of spirit and tone.’
- ‘The opposites of seriousness or heaviness and lightsomeness are in his clothing and the very objects he holds.’
- ‘Why does the lightsomeness and variety of a more airy landscape suggest to us the idea of gaiety and social mirth?’
- ‘There is a lightsomeness about its gaudy exterior that seems to defy gravity.’
- ‘A symphony of Beethoven is like a tree, with the sturdiness of trunk instantly with and explained by the lightsomeness and changingness of branch, twig, leaf.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.