One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The opposites of seriousness or heaviness and lightsomeness are in his clothing and the very objects he holds.’
- ‘A symphony of Beethoven is like a tree, with the sturdiness of trunk instantly with and explained by the lightsomeness and changingness of branch, twig, leaf.’
- ‘There is a lightsomeness about its gaudy exterior that seems to defy gravity.’
- ‘Why does the lightsomeness and variety of a more airy landscape suggest to us the idea of gaiety and social mirth?’
- ‘One thing about him is his constant lightsomeness of spirit and tone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.