Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- North American term for firefly
- ‘Fireflies and lightning bugs are neither flies nor bugs, but beetles.’
- ‘This is a rare phenomenon in which the lightning bugs in an area flash in unison.’
- ‘My God, she wants to catch lightning bugs and I can't bend the rules for 15 minutes?’
- ‘I've thought that fire ants had killed off most of the lightning bugs like they have the horned toads.’
- ‘The favorite ‘hangouts’ of lightning bugs are east of the Rocky Mountains and away from city lights.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.