One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The person in charge of the lighting for a theatre, film, or television production.‘the lighting director used to work with Pink Floyd’
- ‘He was employed with CBC-TV for 26 years, retiring as a lighting director.’
- ‘Everything looks like it was shot by a first-time lighting director who didn't have enough light for each shot.’
- ‘So he began to tell my lighting director exactly where he wanted pools of light and how he wanted things done.’
- ‘A Hollywood lighting director couldn't have done a better job of illuminating the vehicle in a more dramatic fashion.’
- ‘In this video, the art and lighting directors for today's largest festivals talk about the importance of lighting when creating an atmosphere in which to enjoy live music.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.