Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in films) a person in charge of the lighting of sets being filmed.
- ‘Ideal for lighting cameramen on the move, this handy kit takes up very little space yet includes the essentials for close up camera lighting.’
- ‘Producers are responsible for ensuring that lighting cameramen and individual lighting electricians are competent to provide the services required.’
- ‘He is one of Canada's top lighting cameramen and one of the busiest; he is currently D.P. on four, very different television series.’
- ‘We are in need of a UK based lighting cameraman to shoot different hotels/different rooms/bar, general monuments around the different towns and cities that we will provide.’
- ‘Among the great French lighting cameramen of that generation, he has cut his own path.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.