One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for lightship
- ‘They may well be called to a casualty if a light goes out on a buoy or a light vessel.’
- ‘The latest station has been recreated to celebrate the anniversary aboard a former light vessel.’
- ‘Among the more unusual finds on his surveys have been the wreck of a Victorian Trinity House light vessel in the North Sea, and the wrecks of German submarines which had been scuttled during World War II.’
- ‘Steamships first began to use the port in the 1830s, but sail was still being used on light vessels of 80 to 100 tons.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.