One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for lightship
- ‘They may well be called to a casualty if a light goes out on a buoy or a light vessel.’
- ‘Among the more unusual finds on his surveys have been the wreck of a Victorian Trinity House light vessel in the North Sea, and the wrecks of German submarines which had been scuttled during World War II.’
- ‘Steamships first began to use the port in the 1830s, but sail was still being used on light vessels of 80 to 100 tons.’
- ‘The latest station has been recreated to celebrate the anniversary aboard a former light vessel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.