One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1An illuminated trap for attracting and catching nocturnal flying insects.
- ‘European corn borer flight is building, but cool weather has kept light trap numbers low.’
- ‘The emerging corn borer moths are recaptured in black light traps placed at varying distances around the release sites.’
- ‘Using butterfly nets and light traps, he explained he had found and bred the majority of his collection, which includes moths, butterflies, beetles and flies.’
- ‘Sampling was by mercury vapor light trap and took place throughout the flying season where possible, but sometimes for shorter periods.’
- ‘But you can put flea control on autopilot while you're away with a simple light trap.’
A device for excluding light from a darkroom without preventing entry into it.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.