One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A horizontal or tilted surface of translucent glass or plastic with a light behind it, used as a light box for viewing transparencies or negatives.
- ‘Compare the enlarged negative to the original negative on a light table.’
- ‘The painstaking work of photo analysis takes experts with years and years of experience, poring for hours and hours over light tables.’
- ‘On a light table, place your negative on top of the print and align it until it is registered.’
- ‘Freestanding plywood columns, like trees in a forest, support poster size photographs, supplemented by rows of models and transparencies set in light tables.’
- ‘Using a light table, students traced their enlarged drawings onto good student quality watercolor paper.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.