Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A graph showing the variation in the light received over a period of time from a variable star or other varying celestial object.
- ‘However, we can determine and analyze microlensed light curves in a statistical sense.’
- ‘Since light curves are not closely related to our work, a brief discussion on them will be provided.’
- ‘This task computes the average or folded light curve for a single cycle of known period.’
- ‘It can draw multiple light curves in several returns of a periodic comet in one graph.’
- ‘You will notice that the masses have no effect on the light curve for this simple model.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.