Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A flat box having a side of translucent glass or plastic and containing an electric light, so as to provide an evenly lighted flat surface or even illumination, such as in a studio.
- ‘This is why we make so many different light boxes and sad lamps, and why we're sure there's a perfect one for you.’
- ‘The light box is disassembled showing the inside white plastic and very small lights in the corners.’
- ‘I have the light box on 20 minutes in the morning after I get up; then again in late afternoon at dusk.’
- ‘The light box is not heavy at all and sits easily on the brackets attached to the secondary support ring.’
- ‘If you need a different size or you have a special application for using a light box, let us know.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.