One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A flat box having a side of translucent glass or plastic and containing an electric light, so as to provide an evenly lighted flat surface or even illumination, such as in a studio.
- ‘The light box is disassembled showing the inside white plastic and very small lights in the corners.’
- ‘The light box is not heavy at all and sits easily on the brackets attached to the secondary support ring.’
- ‘If you need a different size or you have a special application for using a light box, let us know.’
- ‘I have the light box on 20 minutes in the morning after I get up; then again in late afternoon at dusk.’
- ‘This is why we make so many different light boxes and sad lamps, and why we're sure there's a perfect one for you.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.