One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This post is just meant to be a joke and it is to be taken light-heartedly.’
- ‘The Data Protection Inspectorate does not issue permits light-heartedly, but if the permit has been issued, the database is secure.’
- ‘The couple light-heartedly arranges for a local mystic, Madame Arcati, to give a seance and the unfortunate result is that Elvira returns from beyond the grave to make their lives miserable.’
- ‘Open your speech conservatively or light-heartedly and express your gratitude to your parents for their contribution to the wedding festivities.’
- ‘In agreement with previous reviews, I would like to reiterate that this is not a trip or tourist destination to be considered light-heartedly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.