One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This post is just meant to be a joke and it is to be taken light-heartedly.’
- ‘In agreement with previous reviews, I would like to reiterate that this is not a trip or tourist destination to be considered light-heartedly.’
- ‘The Data Protection Inspectorate does not issue permits light-heartedly, but if the permit has been issued, the database is secure.’
- ‘The couple light-heartedly arranges for a local mystic, Madame Arcati, to give a seance and the unfortunate result is that Elvira returns from beyond the grave to make their lives miserable.’
- ‘Open your speech conservatively or light-heartedly and express your gratitude to your parents for their contribution to the wedding festivities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.